At Phase Creative, we are proud to have collaborated with NEYA Hotels in October this year, working together to bring their remarkable sustainable initiatives to the forefront. NEYA Hotel is setting a new standard in sustainability, and we were privileged to be a part of their journey.
NEYA Hotels’ Commitment to Sustainability
“When sustainability and conscious tourism were not communicated well, we had this concern and desire to make a difference in tourism. That’s how our first project, THE NEYA Lisboa Hotel was born, with sustainability present from the beginning of our business model. The concept has now been replicated for our second unit, the NEYA Porto Hotel.”– NEYA Hotels
Sustainable Initiatives at NEYA Porto Hotel:
- Solar panels: Thermal solar panels for water, heating, and photovoltaic panels for electricity production.
- Recycle bins in all rooms and public areas.
- Biodegradable straws and a plastic-free program support the anti-straw movement.
- Wooden room keys for reduced environmental impact.
- Availability of electric car chargers, car charging stations, and car-share options.
- Free bicycles incentive to encourage guests to explore the city in an environmentally friendly way.
- Use of green cleaning products.
- Water flow reducers on all faucets.
- Encouraging guests to reuse towels and sheets through in-room brochures.
- Implementation of a greywater recycling system.
- Green Energy Class A: 100% renewable energy sources.
- Solidarity room: Provides free accommodation and breakfast to the families of ill children who must leave their residence area for consultations, hospital treatment, or hospitalisation.
Certifications Showcase NEYA Porto Hotel’s Dedication:
NEYA Hotel Porto is proud to be the first hotel in Portugal to receive the prestigious LEED Gold certification. LEED, or Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, is the world’s most widely used green building rating system, symbolising a commitment to healthy, highly efficient, and cost-saving green buildings.
Other certifications include Carbono Zero, Green Key, and certification by ‘Portugal Sou Eu’ for their Viva Lisboa restaurant. The ‘Portugal Sou Eu’ program aims to boost and enhance the value of national products, promoting informed consumption and supporting products with significant national incorporation.
“A Sustainable Experience”
NEYA Porto Hotel stands as a shining example of sustainable luxury, leading the way in environmentally conscious practices in the hospitality industry. Their commitment to sustainability, from energy-efficient technologies to social responsibility initiatives, sets a high standard for others to follow. We, at Phase Creative, are honoured to have been part of NEYA Hotels’ journey towards a greener and more responsible future in tourism.